Why our Pub is great
The Anchor is full of nooks and crannies, as well as larger seating areas. So whether it’s a family occasion, a girls’ night out, a business lunch or an intimate meal for two, we can accommodate you perfectly. Our traditional English country pub also offers a delightful setting, boasting a large, beautiful beer garden leading down to the River Rib. When the weather allows, you can sit and relax by the water’s edge, enjoying our excellent food and drink.
Our food menu is extensive, with a daily specials board adding exciting alternatives to our ever-popular pub classics. And all main meals are Two for One. What’s better than that? We serve Wadesmill and the surrounding area, with our midweek burger, curry and steak nights being a regular draw. Being just 10.5 miles from Stevenage and 16 miles from Stansted airport, this local is also seen as a destination pub and a stopping off point for travellers.
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About our food
With our extensive food menu, we can cater for all tastes. Try our succulent beef steaks, our beautiful burgers, or one of our many traditional pub classics. There’s a bulging specials board each day, featuring a world of wholesome, exciting meals for you, and don’t forget those luscious roasts designed to make every Sunday special. Great food – made all the more enjoyable thanks to Two for One.View our Menus